How we work
Your Virtual Business Solutions is a registered business, providing digital, print and website design services. We provide these services under a signed Service Agreement with our clients; our Service Agreement outlines the project or retainer work and is required for all levels of service.
What are our office hours?
We are located in Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia and our normal business hours are Monday to Thursday 9:30 am – 4:00 pm (Australian EST), Friday 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (Australian EST), Saturday and Sunday by appointment only.
If important deadlines are approaching, we will adjust our schedule in order to successfully complete the project. If you need assistance on the weekends or in the evenings, please send me an email with “URGENT” in the title.
While we do work outside of our stated business hours, we kindly ask that you are mindful of our office hours and that we’re not available 24/7.
Australia Public Holidays
We also observe all public holidays applicable in Australia:
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- ANZAC Day
- Queen’s Birthday (NSW – June)
- Labour Day (NSW – October)
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
How do we communicate?
We are fairly flexible in how we communicate with our clients but, outside of “meetings”, we prefer email communication. “Meetings” we prefer Skype or phone communication. However, as we operate virtually we are available via email phone, Skype or Zoom communication.
We communicate primarily via email as it is the most cost-effective and least disruptive method. However, you may prefer a scheduled weekly/monthly call, this is also an excellent way to discuss all items. During our first meeting, we will discuss how you like to communicate and, depending on the work, establish a meeting schedule to discuss your project or goals for the coming week or month.
While we always aim to answer every call, there are times when we aren’t available. In those instances please feel free to leave a message on the office phone. Alternatively, we can schedule a meeting when required. All calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours during business days (Monday – Friday).
Phone: 0490 957 230
What is our process
Below is an outline of the steps involved in our engagement process.
- Questionnaire – A questionnaire will be sent to you ahead of our Discovery Session. This allows you to think about your “pain points” and any items you need assistance with. It also provides us with an overview of your business and possible areas you need assistance with.
- Coffee Chat – Our services are tailor-made for each client; therefore, we like to get to know you and your unique needs to determine how we may best serve you to help you meet your goals. During the Coffee Chat you will also have an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about working with us.
- Proposal – After our call, we will also e-mail you a proposal that outlines what we discussed on the call and how we plan to meet your needs.
- Service Agreement – Once you have approved our proposed, a Service Agreement will be created. The Service Agreement will outline the terms of the professional relationship. The Service Agreement will specify the details of the service provided, the parties involved, billing information, and any other necessary terms. You will need to sign and return the Service Agreement and our initial invoice.
- Welcome Packet – Once you signed and returned our Service Agreement, we will e-mail you our new client forms to complete.
- We get started – Upon the receipt of your client forms and payment, we will then begin working with you.
Commencement of work
A signed Service Agreement is required to be returned prior to the commencement of work as well as payment of first invoice.
Please note that if work is provided to us prior to this, then it will be assumed that you have accepted with our Agreement and the agreement will be binding.
With larger projects, you may find it helpful to have a project list that clearly outlines the tasks, deadlines and who’s is responsible for what. This helps keep the project “on track” and provides a visual reminder for everyone and shows the progress of the project. In these situations, unless you have a preferred Project Management software, we will establish a project using ClickUp and provide you with login details.
Package & Pricing Information
- Package (Pre-paid and Retainer) prices are a starting price and final costs will be based on the level of service that we determine will fit your individual needs
- Pre-paid packages are to be paid prior to any work commencing and are valid for three (3) months from the date of purchase.
- Retainer packages require a 3-month minimum contract and require 30 days written notice of cancellation. Any outstanding money relating to the cancelled Retainer packages is to be paid full, within 24 hours of the date of the written notice cancellation.
- Retainer packages will be invoiced 1st day monthly and payment terms are strictly payment upon receipt of invoice.
- GST is not applicable to the above rates as Your Virtual Business Solutions isn’t registered for GST.
What are additional Costs
Minimal phone calls and emails included in the package rate. Additional expenses will be discussed at the commencement of work and will be included in your Service Agreement or otherwise agreed by both parties during the work/project. These expenses include the cost of phone calls, printing, stationery, couriers etc. and will be itemised on the Invoice. Travel time is charged for onsite visits.
Need something done urgently and you need us to prioritize that work? Sure, not a problem, wherever possible we will try to accommodate your requests within your timeframe. However, we do ask that you are realistic about in relation to turnaround times as we do have other clients and other commitments.
Should you realise you need something done urgently, please phone us to advise of the details of the urgent work and start on it straight away. Please be aware that all urgent work attracts a surcharge of 25% and 50% surcharge for evenings, weekends or Australian public holidays.
We use an online time tracking tool to accurately record the time spent for each of our clients. The hours we spend, specifically for your business, are all billable, all of our communications including phone, video conference, and email communications and the time billed to you is purely the time spent for your business. We do not include any downtime as part of the hours billed.
If the amount of time is nearing your budgeted hours, we will let you know immediately. As a business owner, we understand the importance of watching the budget!
Payment & Billing
What are the payment terms?
Unless otherwise agreed, it is our expectation that payment is made upon receipt of invoice.
What are the payment options available?
Your Virtual Business Solutions preferred payment option is EFT, our bank account details are provided on our invoices. Other payment options include cash, bank cheque and PayPal. Payment method will be confirmed in our Service Agreement.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We adhere to a strict confidentiality code and none of your personal information will be shared with a third party. All documentation sent to us will be returned upon completion and payment. We take your confidentiality very seriously all your passwords are encrypted, and we use the highest level of internet security. If we need to use your credit card, we will shred the info after one use. Your privacy is very important to us!
We currently use the following software to support and
enhance our client projects. Please note that we are very adaptable and open to using whatever software you are most comfortable with.
- Communication: Slack
- Design: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, & Photoshop
- File-Sharing: Dropbox or Google Drive
- Meeting Software: Skype, Zoom & Free Conference
- Microsoft Office
- Password: NordPass, LastPass
- Project Management: ClickUp, alternatively Trello or Asana
- Social Media Management: Hootsuite
- Time Tracking: Clockify
Special Software Purchase
If we are providing a service that requires software such as a website, then that will be included in our pricing. But if there are any ongoing fees, such as monthly web hosting costs, or you request something outside of what was included in our proposal, then you will be required to make these purchases. However, these costs will be discussed at the commencement of the project and agreed in writing with you before proceeding.